Tuesday, June 3, 2008

PEOPLE AT THE OTEMATATA STATION CENTENNIAL DINNER

DSCF0067.jpg


David Jones from Fielding and Noel Creighton from Waikouaiti.

David came to muster at Otematata Station about 1954,I remember his mother sending him a round cake for either his birthday or Christmas and I had never seen one before.It's amazing the things that you remember!!!
I think Noel was at the Station about 1957-he has been a successful horse trainer based at Waikouaiti for many years.

DSCF0068.jpg

Walter Cameron from Wainui talking to Bruce Harris from Wanganui


DSCF0069.jpg

Jennifer Williamson,Mary Cameron and Hugh Cameron



DSCF0070.jpg


Walter Cameron,Deirdre Sisson and Ann Hore(Cameron)
I know its a revolting photo of me( and no I hadn't had too much to drink!!)but I had to put this photo in.Growing up I spent a bit of time with Ann and Walter and it was great to see them again.I usually see Walter at the Kurow Races but hadn't seen Ann for many years


DSCF0071.jpg


Noel Creighton,John Munro and his mother Lexie Munro,who live just over the main road from Otematata Station at Rostreiver Station.


I wish now that I'd taken more photos-but it was so exciting catching up with people and I tended to forget to take the photos.

More next time on the trip out the back on the Sunday.

Cheers

Deirdre.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home